WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Kids need space. They need to toss the tablets and phones aside and get outside to explore. Camp is a place where adventures and friendships happen. It is a place where kids, youth, and adults alike can meet with God and learn more about His love for Them.
INDEPENDENCE AT CAMP
We are an overnight camp. Most of our camps run from Sunday afternoon until Friday evening. We do everything we can to encourage the kids to be independent; therefore, no phone calls home allowed. For homesickness, we will only call home as a last resort. We find if we help the kids through those feelings, they are usually ecstatic when they make it all the way to the end of the week. Giving them this experience, away from home and out on their own adventure, is a huge part of our goal to help kids grow and develop at camp.
Click here for more information on what Camp Nakamun Ministries is all about.
Which grade do I go by?
Grade is based upon grade a camper is moving on from going into the summer of each camp year. For example, Suzie is going into Grade 4 in the Fall, yet for camp, she will be considered Grade 3.
The cabins will be assigned according to age and grade to establish a healthy and age appropriate development for each child. We also try to create a positive and welcoming cabin dynamic by allowing no more then 2 friends per camper to stay in one cabin. If you have any problems or concerns with this, please email us.
There will be a Sr. Counselor and Jr. Counselor who stay in each cabin and are with the kids all week long.
We have been blessed with incredible staff full of enthusiasm and love for all of the children who come out each year. All our staff have been screened and go through 'Plan to Protect' training before the summer begins to create a safe and inviting environment for all. For the safety of staff and campers no cellphones are allowed at camp.
Drop-off and Pick-up
All drop-off and pick-up will be at the main camp for all Nakamun Camps except for our Horsemanship camps, which will be at the Nakamun Ranch, 1/2 mile north of our main site.
Registration will be in the main lodge at the time indicated for each camp. There you will find out where and what cabin you are assigned to for the week and have a chance to see the nurse to drop off medications if need be. Please leave your luggage outside the buildings until you are finished registration.
Parents please remember what cabin your son/daughter is in because that is where you will pick them up at the end of the week, unless otherwise informed. If you forget or are unsure of where to find your kid(s), there will be someone to help you at the front desk in the main lodge.
Check-out 'What to Bring to Camp' for a list of what to bring and what NOT to bring for the week of camp.
To view a map to camp, please click here.
Note: Grade is based upon grade camper is in as of JANUARY for each camp year.
To browse our selection of summer camps please visit our calendar page here. To find out more details about each camp you can browse the list located to the right ->.
If a camp is not available to you during registration it means the camp is full or that your child does not meet the school grade requirement.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- Click here to register ONLINE- must pay by credit card; Visa or Mastercard
Hard Copy Registration:
- MAIL - download the child/youth registration form. Print registration off and send it in WITH PAYMENT by mail to: Camp Nakamun, R.R. 1, Busby AB, T0G 0H0
- FAX - print off a child/youth registration form and fax in registration to 780-967-5505. If you want to call in your visa information or mail in cheque/cash please indicate on fax how payment will be made.
- NSF cheques are subject to a $50 fee.
- Cancellations up to 3 weeks before a camp's start date will be refunded in full minus $40 processing fee.
- No refund for cancellations made less than 3 weeks before a camp starts.
- We reserve the right to send a camper home if they do not comply with camp rules. No refund will be given.
- Registrations are not complete and a spot cannot be held until full payment is submitted.
- Please use separate registration forms for each child.
Once registered you will receive a confirmation email. Please reference this email for camp information, what to bring, camp start time, and a receipt.
Fees include a t-shirt & tuck/snacks. Campers do not need to bring any money.
We don't want anyone to miss out on camp. Scholarships are available and dependent on donations to the camp. To request scholarship information or to donate towards the program, please contact the camp.
- We are not a registered nut free facility but due to severe allergies we do not cook with nuts and all our snacks/tuck items are nut free.
- We do not allow any cellphones or electronics during camp time. Permission from staff is needed for phone calls.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited on camp property.